Recently I was migrating my WSUS deployment off my SCCM server to a new standalone server so that I could enable Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 updates.
After removing the role I started getting critical alerts for the management Point, Clients couldn’t be installed and I was getting 500.19 error from the SCCM IIS site.
SCCM MP Error
I had a quick search and found a blog post by Jörgen Nilsson that had the reason for the error.
When removing the WSUS role there are configuration settings that are written to the Applicationhost.config that reference a .dll file used by WSUS that is removed during the WSUS role removal. The Applicationhost.config is located under C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config
If we check the Applicationhost.config there should be an entry the same as below:
<scheme name=”xpress” doStaticCompression=”false” doDynamicCompression=”true”
Running the following command will remove the references of .dll that is installed by WSUS
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name=’xpress’]
After running the above command the management point is back working and I can now access all SCCM URL’s